Monday, August 29, 2011

Hurricane Irene - Edarkis Branch


Edarkis Branch - freshman from Los Angeles, Calif.

This past weekend changed my life forever as I can now say that I have experienced a hurricane. Growing up in Los Angeles has never allowed me the chance to experience many natural disasters. I have seen hurricanes do quite a bit of damage on TV, but to actually be in it was mind blowing. I have to admit that I was very afraid about the storm. But once it finally arrived, it wasn't so bad at all.

I was a bit upset that we were not able to attend our tournament. Last week I was so excited to be going to my first college volleyball tournament. I tried to work so hard during practice so that I would be at my best during the tournament. I was disappointed to hear that it was canceled. But, I immediately turned my focus to the upcoming tournament this weekend. The anticipation is killing me!

No comments:

Post a Comment