Monday, August 1, 2011

Welcome!

Welcome to the new Delaware State University volleyball blog!  In the future, we will have posts from players, coaches, and support staff in addition to audio, pictures, video and a whole lot more as we take you behind the scenes with DSU Volleyball.


First, some introductions.  My name is Maggie and I am the Sports Information Director at DSU and the main contact for Hornet volleyball.  I have just recently joined the DSU family as I have been in Dover for less than four months now.  So far, everything has been great and the support from coaches has been tremendous.  I'm excited for the season to begin and become acquainted with some new faces.  Don't be shy - I love meeting new people!


Head coach Renee Arnold will also be joining us on the blog at various points throughout the year.  I'd love to get a post/week from her, but I don't want to put a lot of pressure on her and once the season begins, I cannot guarantee anything as she'll be busy coaching. :-)   Assistant coach Kelly Carrigan (and DSU volleyball alum) may also join us at times.


I have already lined up at least two players who are interested in blogging, so once they join us we'll introduce them some more.  Hopefully we can get some others on board.


I'd also love to get some posts from administration, academics, strength and conditioning, sports medicine, etc.  Everyone is extremely busy, so I'm not sure if I'll be able to get them, so you might just be stuck with me as blogging is a part of my job!

The purpose of this blog is to connect the team with family, friends, alumni and fans.  We've already gotten great feedback from players and they are excited to start this venture.


If you have any questions, comments, feedback or suggestions, I would love to hear them!   Either leave a comment on the blog, or feel free to contact me at mhayon@desu.edu or (302) 857-6239.


Go Hornets!

No comments:

Post a Comment