Monday, August 29, 2011

Hurricane Irene - Jessica Barnes

From senior Jessica Barnes, who survived Hurricane Katrina. She was born in New Orleans, but her family moved to Georgia following Katrina.

My parents had been warning me about the hurricane since earlier in the week. I was not very scared or worried because I thought everyone was making a big deal about the hurricane. I felt as if, if I could go thru Hurricane Katrina I could go thru anything. Around Wednesday and Thursday you could tell people were actually worried about Irene and taking all necessary precautions to prepare for the storm, and I was starting to get a little scared. Irene was suppose to really affect Virginia, and that's where our tournament was suppose to be.

I was very happy once we got the text about there being no tournament because I don't believe in playing with mother nature. I would rather miss a volleyball tournament then, have a missing player, or anything bad happening.


-jessica barnes


No comments:

Post a Comment