Monday, August 29, 2011

Hurricane Irene - Elisa Herrmann

This post is from another senior, Elisa Herrmann. She's originally from Germany... not sure how many hurricanes they experience there!


Thursday afternoon I received a call from Coach Arnold telling me that the tournament at William and Mary was canceled due to the hurricane warnings for the East coast on that specific weekend. I was very disappointed about this news, as I really wanted to go play and see how our new team could hold up against other teams. I'm a senior, and I was really not willing to give away anymore games or opportunities to play. I was actually very excited, I had looked up the stats already for all the teams and saw some chances for us to win games that weekend.

Instead, I had to unpack my bag again, looking forward to having a slightly extended preseason. Expecting Hurricane Irene, the university closed down Saturday and Sunday and postponed classes to begin on Tuesday.

The weekend itself was very boring. The weather outside was too bad to do something anywhere. So, I rested a lot, watched TV and looked at the schedule from time to time as to what I really was supposed to be doing by now. The hurricane turned out to not be that bad in Dover, no power-outage.

I am looking very much forward to the upcoming weekend when we will travel to Ithaca, NY to compete versus Cornell, Niagara, and UTEP. Even though I have have the feeling this will be one of the tougher tournaments to play,I can't wait to finally start traveling with the team and getting to have fun doing what I love to do.


--Elisa Herrmann

No comments:

Post a Comment