Monday, August 29, 2011

Hurricane Irene - Jessica Croucher


From sophomore Jessica Croucher, a native of Australia

Friday morning we were meant to leave for our first tournament as a new team to William and Mary, which I was hyped for to see how as a team we would pull together against other teams.

To hear Thursday afternoon that the tournament was canceled I was disappointed, but understanding that our safety was at risk with the Hurricane Irene moving up the east coast. So Friday we had a short practice session where coach told us that we would have the weekend off due to campus being closed.

Overall my weekend consisted of keeping in contact with my family letting them know I was alright, and resting trying to look after all my current injuries for the up coming week of practice and next weekend when we travel to Cornell University. I am excited for next weekend when we go to Cornell University as we will finally be able to play and to see how far our hard work as a team will get us, hopefully walking away from the tournament with our heads held high and some wins under our belt.

--Jessica Croucher

No comments:

Post a Comment